Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Making & Baking

I am always wishing I had more time to do things that I love.I love love love to bake. LOVE it. I used to have cupcake Mondays and those were the best days. I love the baking the cupcakes until they rise perfectly. I love mixing up the perfect flavor of frosting, the perfect color, and the perfect consistency. I love squeezing it onto the cupcakes in the perfect shape and adding the perfect decorations. I love the creating more than I love the eating. Which is part of why I don't bake as much anymore. 
Last weekend made me remember how much I miss my creative side. Helping to create a wonderful "Love in Bloom" bridal shower for one of the greatest women in my life allowed me to reconnect with my creative side. I got to bake my favorite cupcakes Margarita with extra tequila (obviously) and I got to work on perfecting my red velvet cupcakes, which if you watch Cupcake Wars you know is a staple for any baker (mine are getting so perfect! they rise to the exact shape cupcake dreams are made of!!) I also got to craft! Yay! I got to create 2 flag banners out of burlap and lace. 
What I'm getting at here isn't just bragging about how amazing I am. I just realized in the past week that I'm so much happier when I get to do things like baking and crafting. I realized that it's super important for people to get to do things that they love. Even if you do love your work I strongly believe in having an outlet and for me that's baking.
I'm going to take this opportunity to promise myself that I am going to make or bake something every week. So, if you are feeling in the mood for some cupcakes, you know who to come to.
If you aren't feeling happy, try to find something that makes you happy, something that you can put yourself into, and an outlet for you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment