Sunday, October 5, 2014

My Gilmore Girls Love Life

I tried so hard not to blog about this. I know there are a million blogs out there that are about this and writing this will reveal to those of you who don't know how lame I actually am.
I've been, along with fans everywhere, watching Gilmore Girls obsessively. With every episode I realize again the impact that this show had upon my life. Now, if you want to judge or make fun of me because of this realization, go ahead and don't read this. If you're with me continue on.
For starters one Gilmore Girls is one of the things my mother and I had in common. Without getting into it, we didn't really have a Lorelai-Rory relationship. But, weekly we would settle in for an hour of amazing television.
I was 13 when the show debuted, so I wasn't experiencing the things Rory was, but as my life progressed I would flashback to the times Rory experienced something similar. I would remember scenes, quotes, and events from the little town of Stars Hollow throughout my life.
One of the most talked about shows was (and still is) Rory's love life. There was Dean, Rory's first love. I remember my Dean. He was sweet and kind, but not perfect for me. Though trust me, I'm not going to pull a Rory/Lindsay/Dean scenario (for the sake of those poor souls who haven't seen the show I won't say what happens.) There was nothing super wrong with my Dean, but it was definitely just a first "love" type of relationship.
Then Jess. Who very well may have been MY first love. Bad boy, good hair, leather jacket, book in his back pocket. He was just everything. I remember rooting VERY strongly for this relationship to work. I also remember trying to figure out what book any reading guy I passed was reading in hope of finding my own Dodger.
Oh and Logan. I had my very own Logan (though not as rich). An asshole, a jerk, but completely personable and draws you in. We had similar pasts and experiences, just like Rory and Logan. Just like them though we definitely had our downfalls. Too many downfalls.
Somehow, at some point my love interests switched from Rory's to Lorelai's in that I've found my Luke. Kind, handsome, emotional, and romantic. My guy is all of that. And if Brett's reading this this is a HUGE compliment. Spoiler alert: We end up together.

Now to not bore you with more I will finish this blog up and likely write another GG blog later.


No comments:

Post a Comment